Stasis of Boulderfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rant or observation

Go down 
+2
Nexplosion
leeheeman
6 posters
AuthorMessage

rant or observation Empty
PostSubject: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm kinda angsty at the lack of detail some people are putting in their applications. this is supposed to be a first impression and they're barely answering the questions appropriately. I don't think its OUR responsibility to armory them to see what raid experience they have. this is one of my biggest pet peeves when reading applications. they might be really amazing players but when i don't see them putting effort into a good application I don't care to raid with them. Don't even get me started on proper spelling. l33t speak = hate

end of rant >.>
Back to top Go down
leeheeman

leeheeman

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:12 pm

I agree. What people don't say speaks volumes about them.
Back to top Go down
Nexplosion

Nexplosion

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:17 pm

I thought it was "L337 speak."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm

your right! i just never use it so i was flying blind Razz i just remembered the 7s Razz
Back to top Go down
cal

cal

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:47 pm

I've always been a strong believer in guild applications. Me and Millennium had this sorta talk a few months back and I was thinking we needed a stronger application process where people were wowing us. And I believe to a degree they have hopefully in the future they will more so. Thanks! Also, I'm not the strongest speller and sometimes I get in a hurry and my grammar begins to suffer. My rant with our applications is that people who are responding to them sometimes are putting random bullshit in response to them when it needs to be something to do with the application and I have to go back and delete there bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Millennium
Admin
Millennium

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:12 pm

This is actually one of my bigger peeves and as cal said I really despised the Mickey mouse app we used to have back when we first started and I intentionally designed this app to be open ended as possible

while I try to keep in mind that not everyone who plays this game is a working professional or college educated I do immediately decline apps that look like utter crap and i'm more willing to tryout apps that may not have the gear/exp up to par if I see a good amount of effort in their app
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:38 pm

i know there are a lot of people that can't spell and are still amazingly smart ( my sis for one) but when i spell something wrong on the forums it tells me by underlining it. apps should be a special circumstance where you go and check things over. random forum comments or g/ra/p chat are exceptions because you're sometimes typing so fast and you dont have any other option. and mill, i liked the open ended application, it made me think about stuff that I would look for on an application lol instead of just rote question answering <3
Back to top Go down
metaphor

metaphor

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Look at me I'm the prime example of horrible gramz, but I try my best to go through and read my txt before I post something. I try not to come of looking stupid but we all know I'm a lol slow Razz
Back to top Go down
Nexplosion

Nexplosion

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:55 pm

yeah I proof read though sometimes I miss something. And my grammar is ALWAYS shit. However, I'm already in the guild muah ha ha ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
Back to top Go down
Zurel

Zurel

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:13 pm

>.>

interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothamking
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rant or observation   rant or observation Empty

Back to top Go down

rant or observation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stasis of Boulderfist :: Archieve-