Stasis of Boulderfist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cal

cal

A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:26 pm

For All you Can Eat one of the best strats I've seen is to have both tanks clear their stack on every block. It's the green strat on wowhead and appears to have helped a lot of people after hours of wiping.

You can execute it with the normal set up or the rotation method (tanks turn sindy counterclockwise so each block can be put near both tanks).

The important thing to note is that if tanks are both clearing on every tomb, then your tanks will only stack the Buffet for 15-17 sec (the Tombs are about 16 sec apart). The reason this is important is if the tank not on Sindragosa is entombed your other tank needs to get stacks for another 15-17 sec. Since you can't get the OT entombed twice in a row, if you execute correctly your tanks will clear every 31-33 sec and avoid the 6th stack (at 36 sec).

OTOH when Tanks clear every other tomb like this video or in the normal sindragosa strats, the 2nd tank getting entombed would cause a wipe because you're planning on 4-5 and you will be forced to take 2-3 more.
Back to top Go down
Nexplosion

Nexplosion

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySat May 29, 2010 11:32 pm

link the strat
Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:01 am

Back to top Go down
cal

cal

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:50 am

Instead, do it like this:

Your OT breaks behind the first block (he has 2 stacks, drops them 2 seconds after the block drops) then leave that block alive and have your MT drop behind it as well, who will then call for the block to be destroyed and taunt the boss again.

That way (given your DPS is alright), the block still dies before the seconds drops but your OT will have 3 stacks (instead of the MT having 4) when moving towards the second block, resulting in a maximum of 4 stacks when he breaks LOS hence giving you one extra stack (6 seconds) of fault tolerance.

I actually screwed up in the end and had 5 stacks again, which I luckily dropped, when she was about to die. However, during the entire remainder of the encounter, we had 4 at most.

Took us two tries like that, after hours of wiping.

Edit: when thinking about it - we might have done it pre-nerf like that as well. Which would've been just like we did now, in the beginning, forcing the tanks to be 100% accurate. Guess the nerf wasn't really necessary after all.

So, they say let someone die then? I'm not sure I follow. =\ cal needs some more information
Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySun May 30, 2010 7:17 am

Nope dont have to let anyone die.

The OT clears his stack runs back in and taunts*. 6 sec later the MT stack will clear on the same block (instead of 12-18 sec later on the next block). Since the tombs are about 16 sec apart there's plenty of travel time.

* May want to wear extra hit rating or glyph taunt.

Something like:

0:00 TOMB1 forms
0:04 OT misses a buffet
0:05 OT heads back in and Taunts
0:06 MT confirms Taunt and runs to TOMB1
0:10 MT misses a buffet
0:11 MT heads back in and Taunts; DPS breaks TOMB1
0:16 TOMB2 forms
Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySun May 30, 2010 7:20 am

Here's a cool positioning I came up with for ranged heavy group:

<-----DRAGON -{8> TANK

..................TOMB (15 yds from tanking position)
...................OT

....................RANGED (15 yds to Tomb, 30 to boss)

The Tomb is always placed in the same place (a marked spot halfway between ranged and tanks/dragon). You run forward and drop it there if you are ranged. Meanwhile the rest of the ranged never need to move more then a couple yards to peek out and LOS heal or DPS.

By watching the Blistering Cold timer and making sure a Tomb is up the ranged can avoid all of the Grips and Explosions as well.
Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:41 am

Misc notes on Unchained Magic:

You can bandage and shapeshift (etc.) without stacking Instability. I bet the Herbalim HoT and racials work too.

After a cast time spell that is longer then 1 sec you can get off an instant spell for free (you will only get 1 Instability for the 2 spell casts).

When you've hit your limit, time your next cast to go off just after the Instability stack blooms. It will count toward the next set.

Casting a long channel isn't that terrible when you have UM, esp if you're behind a tomb (you can hit the boss with AoE while LOSing buffet).

If Nolimits sits in caster form at the start I bet the Unchained Magic could pick him. After looking at the logs it looks like Blizz coded it to exclude by spec. That brings up the question of whether a druid in full healing gear with (say) 51 pts in feral would never get chosen for Unchained Magic.
Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:17 am

from 13 wipes on sundaymonday, here's why I think the healers are distracted:

damage taken from chilled to the bone:
Zurel 2.6 million
Millennium 1.9 million
Sublimizer 1.0 million

damage taken from backlash:
Deadmetal 356k
Owlgore 316K

Now observe if you add more ranged dps you dont add 300k more, you take the damage DM and I did and divide that among 3 people because only 1 ranged dps get it at a time. If it goes out 12 times then it's me 6 times and DM 6 times. If its me, DM and Gar then we each get it 4 times. There's no more instability going around then we already have.

It sucks but the way Blizzard has designed it basically each caster DPS you add subtracts a lot of incoming raid damage.

Last edited by Owlgore on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Owlgore

Owlgore

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:27 am

Here is the ideal lineup imo:
2 tanks, 3 healers
1 physical either Mil as Unholy or Sub
4 dps caster
Back to top Go down
cal

cal

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 am

This is what Sheswithme from foundation had to say about 10 man HM Sindragosa

1. Any healer should be able to keep up the tank for 15 seconds
2. if your the only healer you have the the 2 other healers let the raid know to limit the amount of incoming damage taken or by saying 1 healer healing you let them know hey stop taking raid damage for a second because the tank is getting the jist of the heals.
3.this is what he does as a druid if hes the only healer up he just spams the tanks and wild growths the raid only stopping tank healing if the tanks are at full.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM   A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC)  10M and HM Empty

Back to top Go down

A Guide to All You Can Eat [VOX] (ICC) 10M and HM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stasis of Boulderfist :: Archieve-
Jump to: